Second Saturday Shawl Kit
Limited Edition! Special Price!
Get everything you need to make the stunning Second Saturday Shawl! This elegant lace shawl was designed for us by Mary Rose as part of the Independent Designers Program. Be sure to read her guest blog post on successfully working with linen yarns! Pictured is the large shawl in color Silver 08 and the small shawl in color Salmon 23.
Here's what the kit includes:
- A printed copy of the Second Saturday Shawl knitting pattern
- Large kits come with seven balls of Katia Lino yarn
- Small kits come with four balls of Katia Lino yarn
- Within 24 hours of your order you will receive an email with a coupon code to get the Second Saturday Shawl pattern on Ravelry - you will need a free Ravelry account to redeem this code
You will need to supply:
- Size US 5 (3.75mm) circular knitting needle (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
- Smooth waste yarn for the provisional cast on
Pattern Info :
Size: Large: 34 inch drop and 66 inch wingspan (85 cm by 165cm)
Small: 24 inch drop and 48.5 inch wingspan (60 cm by 121 cm)
Required Skills: Chart reading, k, ktbl, p, yo, k2tog, ssk, RT.
Pattern presented in charted form, no line by line written instructions.
About the yarn:
Lino is a good, simple linen. The smooth finish and round twist makes this yarn a joy to work with. As with all linen, it is important to remember that it softens considerably with wash and wear. The subdued color range suggests summer tanks, market bags, and home décor. This would also be an ideal weaving yarn!
100% Linen with approximately 164 yards per 50g that knits to 6.5 stitches per inch on a US 3 needle.
Machine wash cold, gentle cycle, lay flat to dry, do not bleach.